The initial and regular routine dental check up provides an extensive examination of your mouth and is your best defence against preventing dental emergencies. Before your appointment your medical history will be assessed and updated. When you have completed the full initial check up with us you will be registered to our practice, subsequently you will be reminded by text or email for 6 monthly check ups and hygienist appointments.
Your initial examination includes:
- Assessment of head neck including jaw joint, lymph nodes, moles and lips
- A soft tissue check of the tongue, cheek and palate for oral medicine lesions; cancer screening
- A tooth check for decay, fractures, loose fillings and on request a free cosmetic analysis
- A gum check for signs of gum disease and recession
- Digital routine x-rays; photographs using intra-oral camera to aid diagnosis and monitoring
- Full written treatment plan to take away